An exciting new opportunity has become available to join our Perth team. We are looking for someone with a passion for economic analysis and problem-solving, with a desire to work across a range of government and industry sectors. The successful applicant will work as part of a close-knit team across a variety of economic, policy, infrastructure, regional and place-making projects.
Pracsys is a multi-disciplinary urban economics and strategy firm that provides advice to some of the largest private and public sector organisations across Australia. Some examples of the exciting fields we work in include:
- Transformational planning and urban development projects that advance the growth of cities and regions within Australia;
- Strategy development to help our clients find a better way to measure their success and achieve their goals and visions in areas such as industry development, land development and economic activation;
- Business cases for a range of major projects including transport, arts and cultural, and sporting infrastructure, having secured over $2 billion in funding for our clients in the past five years;
- Economic and social impact assessments to quantify the positive impact of arts, sport and recreation, place improvement, and environmental initiatives.
We are a close-knit team that works together to solve unique and challenging problems that shape our collective future. Our people are our greatest asset. The right candidate will receive support and training as they adjust to the role. There is a strong focus on growth with both formal and informal development opportunities available.
You will be responsible for critically analysing problems, planning and conducting research using quantitative and qualitative methods, such as literature review, ABS Census, household surveys, stakeholder consultation and others to determine the most suitable evidence base. You will be analysing materials and drafting and editing reports with an emphasis on a clear and engaging presentation of results and advice.
You will work collaboratively with senior and principal consultants to deliver evidence-based solutions that address our client’s problems and objectives, with the opportunity to communicate the results of your work directly to clients. You will also provide support in proposal preparation, and business growth and development.
Is This Role for Me?
We are seeking candidates with:
- Tertiary qualifications in economics, commerce, statistics, engineering or related disciplines;
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an analytical and strategic mindset;
- The ability to understand complex information, think critically and develop structured arguments;
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with experience preparing a range of documents and reports;
- Strong initiative and the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- The ability to present information or data in a visually appealing way using Microsoft Office or other tools;
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
- Experience in building positive relationships with a range of different stakeholders;
- Self-starter with a passion for making a real difference;
- Relevant experience in economic analysis and consultation is desirable.
To submit your application, please see the advertisement on Seek at the following address: